Hadfield, Victoria, Australia
Youth On Air at North West FM
Youth On Air is a program designed to be implemented into any secondary school's curriculum in order to introduce them to community radio while teaching them new skills and helping expose them to new opportunities.
The program can run from eight weeks to a minimum five weeks and takes students from program development all the way to production and eventual broadcast.
The main goals of the concept are:
1. To teach disengaged young people about radio broadcasting and, in particular, community broadcasting and its role in the community.
2. Generate income for the station which will help to grow North West FM
3. Develop and maintain a youth presence at station
4. Have teachers and students engage with their local community
5. Build relationships with teachers and schools
6. Train teachers and students how to produce radio content and to contribute to North West FM
The full program can be viewed here:
· Program Schedule 5 or 6 weeks
· Program Schedule 7 or 8 weeks
We have run this program successfully with Craigieburn Secondary College and Penola Catholic College.
For more information email North West FM.
This site is best viewed
with Internet Explorer
or Google Chrome
We are now using tunein
for our live streaming
11 January 2017