We conduct radio training courses for wannabe presenters at our studios in Hadfield. Our training courses are generally run over 4 days on weekends. If you are interested in our training, there is an application form at the bottom of this page.
Currently, we haven’t set our training schedule but check this page to see when the next course starts. You can also fill in the form at the bottom of this page to register your interest.
- laws governing radio broadcasting (such as defamation and codes of practice)
- what it means to be a part of our station, our rules and how we work together
- writing and presenting a program
- hands-on lessons in using the studio, panels and microphone techniques
- topics about community radio, techniques and our station
Following the training, you will do mentoring with an on-air presenter to give you further radio experience. The presenter will tell the committee when you have shown that you are ready to do your own show.
It is expected that you will also become a member of the station. The levels of membership and costs are:
Individual and Partner: $40.00
Family (includes children 16 years and under): $46.00
Individual Concession: $18.00
Organisation (community group): $60.00
For more details or to book for the next training course, complete the details in the form below and submit it. For more specific queries contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
98.9 North West FM, Melbourne, Australia